Serving Your Community
Continue to help us, help others
Gifts provided to the YMCA of Greater Birmingham provide funding for much-needed programs and services to those in need right here in our community. Helping those in need is at the very center of the YMCA of Greater Birmingham’s mission. And when a community is in need, that community turns to the Y for assistance.
The Y was at the very center of efforts to serve community needs in 2021:
- 168,000 lbs. of food distributed to 2,800 families
- 200 coats collected to benefit kids in foster care
- 125 foster families received complimentary Y membership and programs
- 477 units of blood collected at YMCA locations across Birmingham for area hospitals
- 101 children served in summer learning loss programs for a total of 5,286 hours
- 1,800 children’s books distributed to kids to support childhood literacy
- 6,000 individuals were provided financial assistance for Y programs and services
None of this would be possible without the financial support of the community. Through your tax-deductible charitable gift, YOU can make a difference in someone’s life.
In 2022, here are ways your unrestricted financial gift can make a difference for families and individuals needing assistance:
- Assisting individuals and families of all ages with Y membership, leading to better health while providing relief from social, economic, and educational challenges. Especially those suffering from the physical, mental and emotional challenges of COVID.
- Supporting Foster Families through membership and program opportunities that would otherwise be out of reach.
- Helping provide working families a safe and supportive learning and social environment through After School Childcare.
- Providing a child the opportunity to experience Y Summer Camp, creating life-changing experience and memories.
- Supplying the vital resources needed to allow the Y to fulfill its mission to serve everyone, regardless of their ability to pay.
Gifts to the Y come in all shapes and sizes – and they are all appreciated. Please click the “GIVE TODAY” button below to make a difference.
To make a gift through an IRA distribution, a donor advised fund or the donation of stock/securities, please contact:
Clark Virden at (205) 801-7222 or email@example.com.