Serving Your Community
Continue to help us, help others
Gifts provided to the YMCA of Greater Birmingham provide funding for much-needed programs and services to those in need right here in our community. Helping those in need is at the very center of the YMCA of Greater Birmingham’s mission. And when a community is in need, that community turns to the Y for assistance.
The Y was at the very center of efforts to serve community needs in 2022
- 193,000 pounds of food distributed to 3,200 families
- 253 Safety Around Water participants at 100% financial assistance
- 88 children received an Early Learning Education
- 1,742 children participated in Youth Sports
- 131 referrals to Exercise is Medicine
- 370 units of blood donated to the American Red Cross
None of this would be possible without the financial support of the community. Through your tax-deductible charitable gift, YOU can make a difference in someone’s life.
In 2023, here are ways your unrestricted financial gift can make a difference for families and individuals needing assistance:
- Assisting individuals and families of all ages with Y membership, leading to better health while providing relief from social, economic, and educational challenges
- Supporting Foster Families through membership and program opportunities that would otherwise be out of reach
- Helping provide working families a safe and supportive learning and social environment through After School Childcare
- Providing a child the opportunity to experience Camp Cosby sleepaway camp, creating life-changing experience and memories
- Extending financial support to individuals and families in need so that everyone can enjoy the Y, regardless of their ability to pay full fees
- Continuing to distribute boxes of fresh fruits and vegetables in low-to-moderate income communities fighting hunger challenge
Gifts to the Y come in all shapes and sizes – and they are all appreciated. Please click the “GIVE TODAY” button below to make a difference
To make a gift through an IRA distribution, a donor advised fund or the donation of stock/securities, please contact:
Clark Virden at (205) 801-7222 or firstname.lastname@example.org.