The YMCA welcomes GUESTS and PROSPECTIVE MEMBERS!
As a membership organization, our first priority is to our YMCA of Greater Birmingham members who have made a commitment to the Y by joining. Our Guest and Visitor Policy is designed to accommodate Members wishing to bring a guest, and Prospective Members wishing to visit the Y prior to joining.
*We do not sell passes for in town or out of town guests to come alone*
Guests of a Member and Prospective Members are welcome to visit the YMCA and enjoy membership amenities under the following guidelines:
IN TOWN GUESTS
ONE Free Guest Visit in a Calendar Year
- Guest is accompanied by a YMCA member or presents a Guest Pass issued by an authorized YMCA staff member
- Guest is age 19 or older and accompanied by a YMCA member age 19 or older
- Guests under age 19 must present a Waiver (found Below) signed by the Guest’s parent or legal guardian
- Guest allows sufficient time to be properly checked in through our Member Services Desk and agrees to the following prior to facility use:
- Provides valid Photo ID (age 16+)
- Is compliant with completing necessary waivers
- Is compliant in providing accurate contact information and having photo taken which will be entered and stored on our local database and subject to subsequent sex offender screening
- Member is allowed a maximum of 1 individual guest or 1 family unit per visit
- Member is responsible for Guest for duration of visit and both are expected to comply with member Terms and Conditions
ONE $25 additional Guest Visit in a Calendar Year
- Guests meeting the above conditions that have taken advantage of their Free Initial Guest Visit may visit a 2nd time with a $25 Guest Fee
- Guest Fee is is payable by debit/credit card or cash in advance of facility use
OUT OF TOWN GUESTS (of a member)
- Out of town guests of members may visit up to 7 days per calendar year at no charge.
- Guests must be accompanied by a member during each visit to the Y under the same conditions noted above.
- “Out of town” is defined as a person living more than 50 miles outside our service area and not a current YMCA member.
- Members may elect to upgrade their membership for household members residing for an extended stay past 7 days.
YMCA NATIONWIDE MEMBERSHIP ACCESS
As a participating Nationwide Association, we are proud to offer our members access to YMCAs in our network of more than 2,700 YMCAs in 10,000 communities across the nation. Nationwide Membership enables you to visit any participating YMCA in the United States through membership at your home YMCA
*Individual branches may place seasonal or facility area limits based on facility demands and capacities or during Member Advantage times