Better Your Community
VOLUNTEER AT THE Y
With a focus on youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility, Y volunteers give men, women, and children from a variety of ages, backgrounds, and abilities the resources and support they need to be healthy, confident and connected.
- Lead and serve on our volunteer boards and committees
- Play a vital role in sharing the Y story and promote financial giving to ensure the Y is accessible to all members of the community
- Coach our sports teams and shape our youth
- Greet members and guests in our facilities
- Provide extra hands at a Road Race, Food Distribution or Special Event Fundraiser
- Mentor youth in building the character, skills, and relationships that lead to positive behaviors, better health, smart life choices, and the pursuit of higher education and goals
- Advocate for the Y’s efforts to influence policies and initiatives that positively impact societal issues of importance to the nation, and your community
- Participate in opportunities to give back and support the community
INTERESTED IN VOLUNTEERING AT THE YMCA OF GREATER BIRMINGHAM?
Contact your neighborhood branch.