Explore This Location
Monday–Thursday 5 a.m.–9 p.m.
Friday 5 a.m –8 p.m.
Saturday 8 a.m.–1 p.m.
• All program areas close 15 minutes before branch closing.
• To enhance our member's experience-guests may utilize the Downtown Branch on a Monday-Friday basis only.
CLOSED: New Year's Day
CLOSED: Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
CLOSED: Memorial Day
CLOSED: Independence Day
CLOSED: Labor Day
Thanksgiving Day: 7 a.m. - 12 p.m.
Christmas Eve: 8am - 1 p.m.
New Year’s Eve: 8am - 1 p.m.
•All program areas close 15 minutes before branch closing.
•To enhance our member's experience-guests may utilize the Downtown Branch on a Monday-Friday basis only.
BASKETBALL COURT SCHEDULE
Debby LaCruz Haralson
The Downtown YMCA has begun work on the 4th Floor Track and Functional Fitness project. From now through the middle of December the 4th Floor Track area will be closed. During the process we will repaint the walls, resurface the track, and update the space with brand new equipment centered on functional fitness training.
Painting has been completed and soon the resurfacing of the track will begin.
For updates, follow us on Facebook or check back here regularly. Below is our most recent update:
The pouring of the new track is underway. Check out the video below for a glimpse into the process. You can hear our Y-Cross class going on in the background. Level 2 Y-Cross will be coming in 2016 on the 4th Floor!
Learn more about Swim Lessons here.
Even though the weather is cooling off, it doesn't mean you can't have a pool party! Our heated, indoor pool is the perfect place to have one! We offer a 2 hour party with 1 hour in the pool and 1 hour in our upstairs cafe' that overlooks our beautiful pool! Please bring your own food, drinks, and decorations to help make your event special! A lifeguard will be assigned to your party to help monitor and coordinate the swimmers. All parties will be held during regular operating hours, and scheduled with the Senior Program Director. All guests must sign a waiver for liability.
Prices below are for up to 25 swimmers. A $50 deposit must be made within the first week of scheduling to hold your spot for the party. The remaining balance can be paid up until the day of the party.
Members Rate: $125
Non-Member Rate: $150
Thank you for your interest in renting one of the YMCA's facility areas. The Y strives to work with various community groups and organizations to accommodate their rental needs.
Y staff attempt to schedule rental groups, while not interfering with scheduled recreational activities and programs offered to our members. The following areas may be available to rent for your group:
Indoor Pool (for a pool party)
Gymnasium (half or full court)
2nd Floor Cafe'
To schedule a tour and appointment, discuss rates, secure a date for your event and to review the Facility Rental Policy and Application contact Debby LaCruz, Senior Program Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 801-7224.
Debby LaCruz, Senior Program Director, at email@example.com (205) 801-7224
We all need the advice of an expert sometimes, as well as the personal attention that comes with a trainer or coach. The Y offers personal, semi-private and small group training to help you set and meet your specific goals in order to live healthier. Please contact Ray Davenport at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your sessions or click here to register online today.
$29 1-9 sessions (each)
$270 10 session package
$382 15 session package
Fast and fun results-driven workout with a Certified Personal Trainer.
These workouts are a great way to begin or end your day!
$46 1-9 sessions (each)
$433 10 session package
$611 15 session package
One-on-One personal training sessions with a Certified Trainer.
Hour sessions can include a fitness assessment, cardio-respiratory training, resistance training and personal coaching.
$60 1-9 sessions (each)
$565 10 session package
$810 15 session package
A great way to get results and motivate each other by training with
a buddy under the direction of a Certified Trainer.
The perfect method to relieve stress and pain.
You might think of massage only as luxury in exotic spas and
upscale health clubs. But did you know that massage therapy is
used to reduce stress, pain, and improve range of motion.
Massage can relieve tension in your muscles, and most people
use it for relaxation, relief of stress and anxiety.
to reduce muscle soreness, or to increase lost range of motion
due to aging or over developed and under stretched muscles.
Massage can also cause your body to release natural painkillers,
and it may boost your immune system.
Please call or text Cody Turman, Licensed Massage Therapist, at 205-746-8843 to schedule your sessions or register at the front desk today.
$60 for the session
Relax and rewind - ideal to work on a specific issue or if you just
want more time!
$185 for the set
Rejuvenate - ideal for individuals with muscle issues that need
to be worked out or for those that like to plan ahead. These are
our most popular packages and make great gifts for any occasion.
- A Tai Chi, Yoga, and Pilates workout that builds flexibility and strength while leaving you feeling centered and calm. Controlled breathing, concentration, and a carefully structured series of stretches, moves, and poses to music create a holistic workout that brings the body into a state of harmony and balance. www.lesmills.com
- A sports-inspired cardio workout for building strength and stamina. This high-energy interval training class combines athletic aerobic movements with strength and stabilization exercises. Dynamic instructors and powerful music motivate everyone toward their fitness goals—from the weekend warrior to the hard-core competitor! www.lesmills.com
- A cardio dance workout that emphasizes fun as well as fitness. The instructor will teach you to move with attitude in this addictive fusion of the latest dance moves and the hottest new music. Grab a friend and get front and center! www.lesmills.com
- The indoor cycling workout where you ride to the rhythm of powerful music. Take on the terrain with your inspiring team coach who leads the pack through hills, flats, mountain peaks, time trials, and interval training. Discover your athlete within - sweat and burn to reach your endorphin high. www.lesmills.com
–A bootcamp inspired class that promises to be fun and challenging for beginner through elite fitness levels. This is a total fitness class that will increase cardio capacity and endurance, test your balance and flexibility, and build strength with an emphasis on the core. Take your fitness to the next level!
- A uniquely tailored indoor cycle class to suit a wide range of abilities and fitness goals. Spinning classes deliver personalized workouts focusing on strength, endurance, intervals or a blend of all three focuses. Participants experience an incredible calorie burn and personal challenge—all at a self-directed pace. Heart rate monitors are strongly encouraged to most effectively gauge your intensity level. www.spinning.com
- A Latin flavored dance class that mixes low-intensity and high-intensity moves for an interval-style cardio workout. You’ll love this dynamic class and won’t even know that you’re getting a workout through cardio, muscle conditioning, balance and flexibility. www.zumba.com
– This class includes a step segment as well as various other forms of cardio such as cardio kickboxing, dance, hi-lo impact aerobics, followed by an intense abdominal and stretching segment at the end. This class is like a box of low fat chocolate. Come join the spontaneity and sweaty fun.
- A traditional yoga class done in a heated room. The heat will help increase your flexibility and sharpen your mental focus. Get ready to sweat! Be sure to grab a towel and bring some water.
- An innovative flexibility and strength class based on the Joseph Pilates method. Pilates focuses on increasing fitness through targeting the core muscles of the abdomen, back and hips – the “powerhouse.” Pilates will help improve posture, ease back pain, and strengthen the entire body.
- A non-impact class that is designed to strengthen, tone and balance the entire body utilizing light hand weights, bands, small balls and a chair for assisted balance. Class includes toning and muscle endurance exercises with an emphasis on the core, arms, glutes and thighs. Movements are best performed in bare feet or with non-slip socks.
- a 30-minute class focusing on strengthening and lengthening the muscles of your mid-section including the back, shoulders, hips and glutes.
MISSION: To put Judeo-Christian principles into practice through programs that build healthy spirit, mind and body for all.
VISION: We will lead our community to become the healthiest in America.
Copyright © 2017 YMCA of Birmingham. All rights reserved. Sitemap
Memphis Web Design by Speak