Alabama’s state-funded First Class Pre-K program has been awarded the highest quality rating by the National Institute for Early Education Research for the past eight years, and is now being offered at the YMCA Youth Center in Downtown Birmingham. The only requirement to enroll in this program is that the child must be 4 years old as of September 2, 2018.
First Class: Alabama’s Voluntary Pre-K is part of the Office of School Readiness. First Class Pre-K provides effective high-quality early childhood experiences that prepare Alabama’s children for school success and lifelong learning.
School readiness means a child enters school with:
• An enthusiasm for learning
• An ability to function in a social setting
• Age-appropriate communication and problem-solving skills
• Age-appropriate physical and emotional skills
• Optimal health
• Accepting online pre-registration applications for 2018-2019 school year (for assistance with accessing online application contact local school/program)
• Enrollment open to all children four years of age on or before 9/2/18 who are residents of the state of Alabama (children who are eligible for kindergarten are ineligible)
• Enrollees must provide a copy of the child’s birth certificate (may be uploaded into the online pre-registration site or submitted directly to the local school/program)
• Enrollees must provide proof of residence – either a current utility bill or copy of a lease or mortgage (may be uploaded into the online pre-registration site or submitted directly to the local school/program)
• Public school system pre-k programs may have zoning requirements that determine eligibility to attend a program at a particular school (contact school for information)
• No Registration Fee for this program
• Upon enrollment, child’s immunization record must be provided
• No child will be denied participation on basis of income, sex, race, color, national origin, or disability
January 15 – February 25
Go online to https://alprek.asapconnected.com or click the button below. Complete the Pre-Registration Form and submit a birth certificate and proof of residence.
Visit www.children.alabama.gov or click the button below and see Pre-Registration Info under
First Class Pre-K.
Acceptance to the Program
Acceptance is strictly through a random drawing to be held on March 6 at 6 p.m. at the YMCA Youth Center. Parent/Guardian does not have to be present at drawing. Notices will be emailed beginning April 16th.
MISSION: To put Judeo-Christian principles into practice through programs that build healthy spirit, mind and body for all.
VISION: We will lead our community to become the healthiest in America.
Copyright © 2018 YMCA of Birmingham. All rights reserved. Sitemap
Memphis Web Design by Speak