Because the Y is different.
We understand that being healthy is about making changes that last for life, not quick fixes that are just temporary. At the YMCA of Greater Birmingham, it's about your community, your family, and your health. In communities across the Greater Birmingham area, the Y is a leading voice on health and well-being. With a mission centered on balance, the Y encourages good health, brings families closer together, and fosters personal connections.
At the Y, everyone gets stronger. The Y’s cause-driven focus on health and well-being helps our members find balance in life. A membership at the Y gives children, adults, and families the opportunity to become part of a cause that gives them the opportunity to learn and grow while also making their community healthier and stronger. A Citywide membership to the Y entitles you to:
• Use of all 10 YMCA of Greater Birmingham member branches
• Free wellness appointment with a certified Y team member who will work with you to set goals, help guide you toward effective fitness programming and introduce you to our MobileFit health tracking system
• Free group exercise classes; almost 500 a week to choose from!
• Free learn and play area for children (up to age 6)
• Member pricing on YMCA programs such as Afterschool Academy, swim lessons, personal training, health coaching and sports
• Reduced pricing on sleepaway camp at YMCA Camp Cosby
• Access to guest passes for your friends and family members to enjoy the Y too!
• 17 group exercise studios offering close to 500 classes per week, including Barre, Pilates, Zumba, and Y Cross cross-training
• 9 Indoor cycle studios each featuring the brand new Schwinn AC Performance Plus indoor cycle
• Health coaching and personal training to help you along your wellness journey
• New cardio equipment at our Hoover, Mountain Brook, Shades Valley branches
• 14 swimming pools many offering year-round lap swimming, swim team, and swim lessons
• 10 gymnasiums offering youth and adult sports programs and pick-up games
MISSION: To put Judeo-Christian principles into practice through programs that build healthy spirit, mind and body for all.
VISION: We will lead our community to become the healthiest in America.
Copyright © 2017 YMCA of Birmingham. All rights reserved. Sitemap
Memphis Web Design by Speak