In compliance with current government orders and health official recommendations, the YMCA of Greater Birmingham is able to offer the below services. Our operations will reflect a Phased approach and will change as these limits are relaxed and it is deemed safe and in the best interest of our members and staff. Changes are noted below when services are added or adjusted.
CLICK HERE TO SEE CURRENT BRANCH CAPACITY
During this time of capacity limits and required distancing, several of our programs will be offered under a reservation.
Reserve on the Mobile APP
Download our app
The APP will include our Group X schedules, store your barcode for facility Check-In, and provide other communication and useful information including facility hours and contact information.
From your Mobile device - Click the Y LOGO below to Download.
Facility access is offered under Social Distancing, Reduced Capacity, and State Health Order requirements.
• Available to YMCA of Greater Birmingham Active Members age 14 and up and Y Nationwide active members (no guests please, see below for areas available for children under 14)
• Fitness/Wellness Spaces and Equipment (no reservation required)
• Cardio Equipment (no reservation required)
• 45 min Group Exercise classes w Reservation
• Locker rooms (Showers, changing areas and restrooms)
• Virtual Live and Recorded Group X Classes (see above link for details and access)
• Racquet Sports - Tennis Lessons (Adults and Juniors) l Tennis Member play (Single/Doubles) l USTA play (Adults) l Racquetball (Singles)
• Towels • Coffee • Learn and Play/Drop and Go/Parent's Night Out
• Facility Rentals/Parties • Small Group Training • Youth Sports
• Swim Lessons • Steam/Sauna/Whirpool (per current state public health orders)
• Group X Classes designed specifically for Active Older Adults
• Individual or Group Basketball/Pickleball
• Ages 8+ are required to wear a Face Covering when entering/exiting the facility and in general lobby/member spaces. Face Coverings are NOT required while working out
• Expect touchless Temperature Check at each visit
• Make sure you have a Reservation if required
• Make sure you have your barcode ready to scan
All members will have their temperature taken prior to check-in, and staff will also receive daily temperature checks.
Wipe Down Equipment
Use the cleaning materials provided. Wipe equipment before and after your workout.
Keep Your Distance
Respect all signs regarding social distancing. Stay at least six feet away from others wherever possible.
Expect Reduced Capacity
Please respect and note signs regarding room capacities.
Wear Your Mask
Effective 6/29, Face Coverings are required for all members age 8 and over while inside the facility EXCEPT when actively exercising.
Stay Home if You're Sick
CDC and state guidelines also encourage vulnerable populations to stay home.
Keep the Kids at Home
We have limited member services for Youth and are unable to provide Preschool member services at this time.
(Of course, they are welcome at the pool as of 6/29/20 with an adult)
MISSION: To put Judeo-Christian principles into practice through programs that build healthy spirit, mind and body for all.
VISION: We will lead our community to become the healthiest in America.
Copyright © 2020 YMCA of Birmingham. All rights reserved. Sitemap
Memphis Web Design by Speak