In compliance with current government orders and health official recommendations, the YMCA of Greater Birmingham is able to offer the below services. Our operations will reflect a Phased approach and will change as these limits are relaxed and it is deemed safe and in the best interest of our members and staff. Changes are noted below when services are added or adjusted.
CLICK HERE TO SEE CURRENT BRANCH CAPACITY
During this time of capacity limits and required distancing, several of our programs will be offered under reservation.
Reserve on the Mobile APP
The APP will include our Group X and Pool schedules, store your barcode for facility Check-In, and provide other communication and useful information including facility hours and contact information.
Reserve on our Website
Facility access is offered under Social Distancing, Reduced Capacity, and State Health Order requirements.
• Available to YMCA of Greater Birmingham Active Members age 14 and up, Y Nationwide active members and qualified guests (see below for areas available for children under 14)
• Fitness/Wellness Spaces and Equipment (no reservation required)
• Cardio Equipment (no reservation required)
• 45-60 min Group Exercise classes w Reservation
• Locker rooms (Showers, changing areas, and restrooms)
• Virtual Recorded Group X Classes
• Racquet Sports - Tennis Lessons (Adults and Juniors) l Tennis Member play (Single/Doubles) l USTA play (Adults) l Racquetball (Singles)
School Support Academy and After School Academy (depending on school system schedule)
• Towels • Coffee • Drop and Go/Parent's Night Out
• Facility Rentals/Parties • Small Group Training • Youth Sports
• Swim Lessons • Steam/Sauna/Whirlpool (per current state public health orders)
• Group Basketball/Pickleball
• Ages 8+ are required to wear a Face Covering when entering/exiting the facility and in general lobby/member spaces. Face Coverings are NOT required while working out. Required for Learn and Play children ages 3+ and Childcare Program participants at all times
• Expect touchless Temperature Check at each visit
• Make sure you have a Reservation if required
• Make sure you have your barcode ready to scan
All members will have their temperature taken prior to check-in, and staff will also receive daily temperature checks.
Wipe Down Equipment
Use the cleaning materials provided. Wipe equipment before and after use.
Keep Your Distance
Respect all signs regarding social distancing. Stay at least six feet away from others wherever possible.
Expect Reduced Capacity
Please respect and note signs regarding room capacities.
Wear Your Mask
Effective 6/29, Face Coverings are required for all members age 8 and over while inside the facility EXCEPT when actively exercising.
Stay Home if You're Sick
CDC and state guidelines also encourage vulnerable populations to stay home.
MISSION: To put Judeo-Christian principles into practice through programs that build healthy spirit, mind and body for all.
VISION: We will lead our community to become the healthiest in America.
Copyright © 2020 YMCA of Birmingham. All rights reserved. Sitemap
Memphis Web Design by Speak