Our Focus Is Youth Development
Youth development is the social-emotional, cognitive and physical processes that all youth uniquely experience from birth to career. A successful development process fulfills children and teens' in need to be loved, and spiritually grounded, educated, competent, and healthy.
Trading stories and sharing a favorite book or song with a new friend. Being greeted with smiles and high-fives from staff and team-mates after scoring the winning point. Always fitting in, just for being you. This is what the Y's summer camp is all about-ensuring kids get more out of their summer break:
more friendships,more accomplishments and more belonging.
We demonstrate the role positive relationships play in the well-being of through:
- Staff-camper relationships
- Camper Peer Friend-making
- Parent Engagement
We help children realize their passions, talents and potential through:
- Achievement Passport
- Skill Variety & Mastery Charts
- Disguised learning activities through STEM,Reading and Writing
We are a place where kids feel safe,welcomed and can express their individuality through:
- Autonomous Choices
- Rituals and Traditions
- Daily Activity Framework
Why Your Child Belongs at the Y:
Our core values.
We make our core values-caring,honesty,respect and responsibility- part of everything we do.
We plan our programs around with developing the whole child. We will create and fun and engaging environment that is focuses on friendship, accomplishment and belonging.
We are caring, competent and experienced. Our training includes camp safety, activity planning, CPR,First Aid, and more, making your child's experience both safe and fun.
Low camp staff/child ratios
1:10 entering grades K-3
1:12 entering grades 4-9
No child is denied access due to inability to pay
Our pledge. We are dedicated to making you and your child's experiences at the Y extraordinary. At the end of the day, your child will come home with stories of a fun-filled and fabulous day.
What We Value At Summer Camp
- Safety First
- Low staff to child ratios
- Campers are assigned a specific leader within camp
- Monitored sign in and sign our
- Rigorous staff training
- Safety standards
- Fun engaging activities
- C.A.T.C.H activities to keep campers moving
- field trips
- STEM learning
- Swimming and other water activities
- KidzLit and KidzMath games
- Camp readers
- Special Events
- Sports and Games
- Multitude of outdoor activities
- Parents receive weekly highlight sheets with activity schedule and special reminders.
- Parents can communicate with staff to help each child have a great experience.
- Our staff will let you know about your child's successes and any problems.
- We conduct evaluations for feedback all summer long
- Leadership team available by phone or email to answer questions.
- We keep your personal information confidential.