Reopening June 1, 2020!
Dear Y friends, members, and supporters,
I have some great news for you! On June 1st, the YMCAs in greater Birmingham will re-open for members … and grand it will be! We can’t wait to welcome you back. It seems like forever and we truly miss seeing you and our colleagues more than you can imagine.
As we carefully plan for the doors to open, we are following the guidance and recommendations of the CDC, Jefferson County Health Department and UAB’s medical and public health experts. And, we are listening to you. Having read many of your comments, I am clear that you will partner with us in efforts to maintain a safe and healthy YMCA.
Every day, you – our loyal members - are saying you want to come back and will use common sense and good judgment to maintain safety and health. We have a mutual commitment to be part of the solution – to keep our Ys open and operating. Together, members and staff members must commit to the new safety precautions to make this work. Here are a few things you can expect:
· Social distancing required in all areas
· Workout equipment spaced to establish safe distancing
· Face coverings and PPE required of all Staff
· While not required, face coverings are encouraged for members
· Staff and member temperatures and screening will be taken at entry
· Reduced Group Exercise schedule - 45 minutes with sizes limits to facilitate distancing - online reservations required
· Our pools will be available for lap swim only - online reservations required
Other details will be available very soon at ymcabham.org with a page dedicated to answer the many questions you may have.
We will provide regular email updates with additional information and details to assist you on your visits to the Y including instructions on how to reserve Group Exercise classes and Lap Lanes. Be sure to also follow our social media updates on Twitter BirminghamYMCA, Instagram @ymcabham, and Facebook YMCA of Greater Birmingham.
This is an exciting time for all of us and we want to do this right, and by right, I mean let’s take care of one another while we reunite. We have collaborated with the Levite Jewish Community Center for a coordinated opening with shared protocols and guidelines. Together we are confident that we are opening using the best practices possible.
This will truly be a “grand” reopening. We cannot wait to see you again!
Dan Pile, President and CEO
Your health and wellness is our top priority. Here are just a few of the additional measures we are taking to ensure your safety. All YMCA employees and will received daily temperature checks and be wearing PPE. You will also notice that fitness equipment has been socially distanced and room capacities have been reduced to allow the required 6 feet of separation. Additionally, please use the provided supplies for cleaning equipment before and after use.
We need a little help from you, too. Don't forget to bring these items when you come to the Y to ensure a safe visit.
The following membership options have been made available since closing on 3/17/20. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or click here to request any necessary membership adjustments.
1. Continue uninterrupted payment of your membership fees to support YOUR YMCA.
2. Accept a FREE medical hold WAIVING the $10 fee until we re-open. Prepaid memberships will have their time extended.
3. Process an immediate cancelation of membership, WAIVING the 30-day notice requirement. As always, memberships canceled in good standing may be easily reactivated with-in 6 months of cancel date and have the $50 Activation/Join Fee WAIVED.
MISSION: To put Judeo-Christian principles into practice through programs that build healthy spirit, mind and body for all.
VISION: We will lead our community to become the healthiest in America.
Copyright © 2020 YMCA of Birmingham. All rights reserved. Sitemap
Memphis Web Design by Speak